Blue Shield Insurance is committed to respecting the privacy of its users and acknowledges the rights related to the data we collect from them. This policy sets out how Blue Shield Insurance gathers, uses, stores, protects and discloses that data.
The terms 'you' or 'your', means you or anyone who deals with us on your behalf. The term 'we', means Blue Shield Insurance which acts as a data controller in respect of your personal data.
You must ensure that you are aware of this notice and the individual rights and information it contains prior to providing us with any personally identifiable data. If you, or anyone else on your behalf, has provided or provides information to us, you or they must first ensure that you or they have the authority and permission to do so.
What information we collect
The information we collect may include information relating to you that you provide to us, or which others provided to us on your behalf. This may include:
- Contact details ( e.g. name, address, email address, landline, and mobile numbers).
- Other information about you and individuals connected to your business that you've provided to us by filling in forms or by communicating with us, whether face-to-face, by phone, email, online, or otherwise.
- Records of correspondence and other communications between you and your representatives and us, including email.
- Information that we need to support our regulatory obligations.
We may collect information about you when you interact with us, e.g. call us, email us or visit us at the office. We'll only collect your information in line with relevant regulations and guidelines.
The rights of individuals
Individuals have certain rights in relation to the information that we hold about them. These rights include:
- The right to access information we hold about them and to obtain information about how we process it.
- The right to withdraw their consent to our processing of their information.
- The right to request that we rectify their information if it's inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to request that we remove/delete their information.
- The right to object to, and to request that we restrict, our processing of their information.
How we keep your information secure
We use a range of measures to keep information safe and secure which may include encryption and other forms of security. We require all staff to comply with all appropriate policies including obligations to protect any information and applying appropriate measures for the use and transfer of information.
Please ensure that the information you give us is accurate and up to date and notify us promptly if anything has changed.
How long we keep your information
We don't keep your information for longer than we need to. This is usually up to five years after your relationship with the company ends, unless we are required to keep it longer (for example due to a court order or investigation by law enforcement agencies or regulators).
How we'll use your information
We'll only use information on you where we have consent, or we have another lawful reason for using it. These reasons include where we need the information:
- To deliver our products and services.
- To provide product and service improvement.
- To protect our legal rights.
We may share your information with others where lawful to do so or where you have made a request.
You can change your mind on how you receive information or choose to stop receiving it at any time. To make that change, contact Blue Shield Insurance by post or email.
Blue Shield Insurance Services Ltd, Blue Shield House, 5-7 Prospect Road, Hythe, Kent, CT21 5NS. Or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.